In celebration of the 50th Anniversary of ASEAN, the ASEAN-ROK Cultural Exchange Year and the official inauguration of the ASEAN Culture House in Busan, the ASEAN-Korea Centre and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Korea, in cooperation with the Korean Institute for Southeast Asian Studies (KISEAS) and JoongAng Ilbo, have organised the International Conference on ASEAN-Korea Partnership under the theme, Partnering for Tomorrow.
Through this conference, we aim to review the progress of ASEAN during the last 50 years and the evolution of regional cooperation, as well as to look into the prospects of enhancing cooperation between ASEAN and Korea. Presentations and discussions by prominent policymakers and academics across the region will cover all three pillars of political and security, economy, and socio-cultural cooperation.
Furthermore, recognising that 2017 is the ASEAN-ROK Cultural Exchange Year, we have placed emphasis on discussing how we can further deepen socio-cultural partnership between ASEAN and Korea, particularly in the areas of people mobility, education, ASEAN-understanding, popular culture and cultural policy.
- To come up with recommendations and proposals to further expand cooperation between ASEAN and Korea, through reflections on the past developments of ASEAN-Korea relations.
- To enhance public understanding on the importance of ASEAN-Korea relations and implications for Korea’s foreign policy.
- To encourage strategic and forward thinking by key stakeholders of ASEAN-Korea partnership including policymakers, scholars, businessmen, journalists, civil society, etc. through constructive and timely discussions on the various issues pertaining to ASEAN and Korea.
Date & Venue
- Date: 30 August 2017
- Venue: Lotte Hotel Seoul
- ASEAN-Korea Centre
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Korea
- Korean Institute of Southeast Asian Studies
- JoongAng Ilbo
Copyright (c) ASEAN-Korea Centre . All rights reserved.